The Dunnville Christian School Society began in 1958 with the dream of someday offering Christian education locally. Although the actual school doors did not open until September of 1971, the Society conducted meetings with the hope that one day, their school would be organized. Mr. Klaas Mulder was the president of the Society at the time. He and his wife did not even have children. He passed away just weeks before the school opened.
Funds were collected and set aside for future purchases in regards to property, building, etc. In September of 1971, the doors of Dunnville Parental Christian School opened and welcomed students for the first time, forty-seven students in all.
Since 1971, we have had:
- 70 dedicated staff members involved in the education of the students of DCS
- 4 Bookkeepers keeping things balanced
- 8 Administrative/Office Assistants taking care of the day-to-day business of the school
- 6 Development Directors working to keep one and all connected
- 9 caretakers/caretaking teams keeping our school clean
- 25 bus drivers tasked with providing daily transportation to and from school
- 8 Librarians sharing books with students and staff alike